01 May :: Yoghurt Fruit Bowl ::
It’s dairy-free bowl, getting its sweetness from fresh fruits.
Breakfast can’t get easier than this!
Whenever choosing yoghurt, always choose the ones that contain only 2-3 ingredients (that you can read and understand!), without natural flavourings, added sugar and other nonsense.
I’ve used coconut yoghurt (vegan, dairy-free), but you can use other kinds of yoghurt, for instance –
- Greek yoghurt – higher amount of protein
- Unsweetened yoghurt – going to top it with fruits anyway, why do you need additional sweetener? Totally unnecessary, in my opinion.
Throw in your favourite fruits and superfoods!
This recipe is grain-free, gluten-free and has no added sugar.
Suitable for vegan and paleo!
Ready to assemble this breakfast bowl?
- 1 cup coconut yoghurt
- Nuts and seeds mix and chopped– pumpkin seeds, pine nuts, macadamia, pecans, chia seeds, coconut flakes (or granola for non-paleos)
- Kiwi, sliced
- Strawberry, sliced
- Banana, sliced
- Optional: Strawberry cashew puree
- Place yoghurt in a bowl. Optional – To make strawberry cashew puree, place about 5 strawberries and a splash of water in a high speed blender and blend till smooth. Drizzle the puree on the yoghurt.
- Toss in nuts and seeds.
- Top with fresh fruits.
- Serve and enjoy!
Notice I didn’t peel away the skin of kiwi? I got the organic version, so just give it a good wash and you can safely eat the fruit as a whole. Plenty of fibre there!