03 Sep The Secrets of Handling Stress
You and I feel this.
But we probably don’t take it seriously.
It’s in the heart of food cravings, addiction, slow metabolism, emotional ups and downs.
And it’s NONE other than…
Right, you’d think it’s probably just a way of life.
After all, is stress all that bad?
No, we need the fight or flight response (activation of sympathetic nervous system) in the body in times of emergency for instance when a tiger (or your boss!) chases after you.
But in today’s busy world, we’re constantly in a state of panic, feeling stressed and it’s killing us!
So, just as we’ve stress response, there’s also the relaxation response.
Also known as your parasympathetic, rest and digest mode.
So, what’s the secret to tap into that?
SECRET #1 :: Breath Work
When you put this into practice, you’ll actually allow your body to handle stress better-GUARANTEED!
This is a powerful tool and I don’t say it lightly.
Here’s one suggested action step you can do RIGHT NOW
or click on the image below to download.
Want MORE ENERGY to manage your stress BETTER?
Secret #2 :: Eat clean
Like how you wouldn’t put diesel to run your Ferrari, your body needs good quality fuel to run!
We love solutions that are simple and straightforward.
That’s why I’ve created this easy breakfast recipe for you.
- 1 large handful of spinach
- ½ banana, frozen
- 1 cup of blueberries
- 3 strawberries
- Coconut flakes (optional for garnish)
- Edible flowers (optional for garnish)
- Green Layer :: Place spinach and banana in a high speed blender and blend till smooth. Set the mixture aside.
- Strawberries layer :: Cut the strawberries thinly and arrange them neatly on the sides of the glass jar. If it doesn’t stick well to the sides, wet the strawberry slice with some water. It should do the trick!
- Purple layer :: Place blueberries and a splash of water in a high speed blender and blend till smooth.
- To assemble :: With strawberry slices on the sides of the glass jar, gently pour green mixture to form the bottom layer. Next, gently pour purple layer (with the back of a spoon to slow the mixture flow) on top of the green layer. Garnish with coconut flakes and edible flowers.
- That’s it!
This is a nutritional powerhouse and simply delectable, I guarantee this is something that you’ll really, really like!
Don’t fancy strawberry deco? Skip that!
Find it a hassle to do TWO layers? Blend them all!
Come on, you can do it!
Do something for yourself this week- either listen to the guided relaxation, go make a yummy smoothie or whatever you like to nurture yourself a little better!
Cheering you on,