17 Feb Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free Porridge
-Love the life you live. Live the life you love- Bob Marley
Embracing imperfection is not easy.
For someone who used to constantly strive for perfection, I have learnt to let go.
But it doesn’t mean that I’m giving up.
It’s allowing myself to learn to be more accepting and to create a safe boundary.
Trusting yourself that you CAN make some sweet lemonade out of those sour ones.
Like quinoa – those bitter tasting seeds for the uninitiated.
When you soak and cook it right, it will reduce the bitterness.
And when you pair it with your favourite sweet fruits, you’ll still taste some bitterness.
But you’ll freakin’ love it overall!
Like this Quinoa Fruit Porridge recipe.
It’s gluten-free and diary-free.
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup cashew milk (Blend till smooth - half cup of raw, soaked overnight cashews with 1 cup of water)
- Strawberries, Blueberries, Banana, or any fruits of your choice. Optional, maple syrup for added sweetness.
- Walnut, or any nuts and seeds
- Rinse and drain quinoa for 3 rounds. *Optional: Soak quinoa overnight to remove saponin.
- Place quinoa in a small pot and add water. Bring to high boil and then reduce heat to simmer for 10 minutes, stirring from time to time.
- Stir in cashew milk and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Once the quinoa soaks up the liquid, remove from heat. Add in more cashew milk if desired.
- Transfer to a bowl. Serve with slices of strawberries, blueberries, banana and walnut. Drizzle with maple syrup if you want more sweetness.
It’s not perfect but acceptable taste.
So go ahead and create a recipe that works for no one but YOU.
You’ll start figuring out the things you CAN change as you continue your journey in life.
Like how you add fruits to quinoa and TA DA!
You’re enjoying a healthy breakfast.
And I hope you wake up tomorrow feeling strong, energized and motivated to give your best.
Because even if it’s imperfect and done, it is always better than never finished.