04 Sep :: Plum Salad with Cashew Cheese ::
Nothing cheesy here (no pun intended).
The star of the recipe lies in the dressing.
It’s tasty and not the ‘jelak-kind’ of dressing. Excellent for people who are sensitive to dairy or lactose-intolerant.
Vegan cheese made from cashew nuts – Who would have thought of that?
Got this lovely recipe from a friend who used to own a restaurant. The dressing is truly a treasure because it’s so easy to make (important for busy people like you and me).
Actually tastes clean rather than cheesy, which I absolutely adore!
It’s creamy and delicious. Only with 2 main ingredients.
- 4 cups cashew nuts, raw
- 1 tsp miso
- Pepper to taste
- Place cashew nuts and miso into a high speed blender.
- Add water until just sufficient to cover cashew nuts.
- Blend till smooth. Add pepper to taste.
- Look for organic miso without sugar and MSG.
- Miso has two functions – gives that saltiness (so you won’t need additional salt) and it’s fermented soybean!
- Avoid adding water little by little to the cashew nuts while blending otherwise it jams the blender.