22 May :: Plum Coconut Bowl :: #NoFoodWastage
What do you do with overripe bananas and veggies turning downsouth?
Don’t throw them away!
Instead, turn them into a delectable smoothie bowl.
Let’s do our part to reduce waste, shall we? #NoFoodWastage
My favourite strategy for overriped bananas is to peel the skin, chop them into small pieces and freeze them!
Lots of creative ways to put your odds and ends to good use.
Here’s how I do it, give it a try!
- 1 handful of spinach (or kale, kai lan)
- 1 plum, ripe & pitted
- 2 banana, frozen
- ¼ cup water
- Optional – a squeeze of lemon (tames bitterness if you’re using kale), 2 tsp chia seeds, 1 tsp of flaxseeds
- Place the ingredients in in a high speed blender and blend till smooth
- Add a splash of water if the blend becomes too thick.
- Decorate with fruits, shredded coconut and enjoy!