21 Aug Smoothie :: Pink Ombre Layer
As you know by now, I’m a smoothie ADDICT!
On one lazy afternoon, I stumbled upon a gorgeous, mouth-watering smoothie creation on Pinterest.
And it triggered an explosion of inspiration.
So right now, I’m soooooo obsessed with LAYER smoothies!
Yes, it’s definitely more work but it’s so pretty.
Imagine drinking smoothie that changes flavour and texture- isn’t that EXCITING and FUN?!
Especially for some fruit combination, it’s not aesthetically pleasing (as my colleague kindly commented, but on defense it was really tasty, yo!).
This happens when too much reds eg berries are mixed with the greens eg veggies, kiwis.
Nobody likes shitty colour (except for chocolate). Ha!
Anyway, two weeks back, my dear friend saw this Instagram post on Dragonfruit Ombre Layers and requested for the recipe.
I’m super happy to share it with you – Here it is!
- 1 sweet red dragonfruit, peeled
- ½ banana, peeled
- ½ avocado, pitted
- 1 tsp of coconut milk
- Medjool dates (optional for more sweetness)
- Place the dragonfruit and medjool date (if required) in a high speed blender and blend till smooth.
- Bottom layer-Pour the contents in glass jars and leave in a small portion in the blender to make the middle layer.
- Place banana with the leftover portion in the blender and blend till smooth. If it becomes too thick, add a splash of water.
- Middle layer- Pour the mixture into the glass jars using the back of the spoon. Alternatively, scoop the blend and place it gently on the first layer. Leave in a small portion in the blender to make the top layer.
- Place coconut milk with the leftover portion in the blender and blend till smooth. Add more coconut milk to achieve desired colour consistency.
- Top layer- Repeat step 4 as with middle layer.
Try out and share your creation with me!
Here’s a double layer recipe !
Too lazy with different steps?
Hope you truly enjoy them as much as I do!