Lo Hei Salad - Veronica Toh
veronica toh
veronica toh
16122
post-template-default,single,single-post,postid-16122,single-format-standard,ajax_fade,page_not_loaded,,side_area_uncovered_from_content,qode-theme-ver-7.7,wpb-js-composer js-comp-ver-4.7.4,vc_responsive,er-recipe
 

Lo Hei Salad

21 Feb Lo Hei Salad

Oh my goodness!

Did you also have lots and lots of indulgent and delectable tidbits over the Chinese New Year season – pineapple tarts, seaweed crackers, peanut cookies, prawn rolls? Yum!

*wipes drool from keyboard*

I’m eating a seaweed cracker as we’re speaking.

If you’re wondering, isn’t that ‘unhealthy’?

Yes, if you’re eating all that every day.

I choose to adopt a 90/10 lifestyle – basically eating healthy 90% of the time and enjoying life with the other 10%.

So, this week, I thought to get us on board towards a healthier bandwagon with this salad recipe that my colleagues were teasing that I was having ‘Lo Hei Lunch’ and didn’t invite them to lo hei together.

It’s really easy to assemble – 3 minutes tops!

 IMG_7707

Lo Hei Salad
Author: 
Prep time: 
Total time: 
Serves: 1
 
Ingredients
  • 2 cups of mixed greens
  • ½ cup of 4 beans mixed – chickpeas, red kidney beans, lima beans, butter beans
  • Mandarin oranges
  • Optional: Pine nuts or any nuts or seeds of choice
  • Balsamic Mandarin Dressing
  • 3 tsp of extra virgin olive oil
  • 1 tsp of balsamic vinegar
  • 1 tsp of juiced mandarin oranges
  • Sea salt and pepper, to taste
Instructions
  1. Place all of the salad ingredients in a bowl.
  2. In a separate bowl, whisk together the dressing ingredients. Season with sea salt and pepper.
  3. Toss the salad with the dressing. Enjoy!

 

You can get creative with the ingredients!

For nut-free, replace nuts with seeds: pumpkin seed, mulberries, goji berries

For bean-free, use protein alternatives: salmon, chicken, tuna, eggs

One of my go-to, fuss-free lunch that I assemble on the spot. Or if I know I’ve got that important meeting later that I cannot afford to fall asleep.

Either way, it’s super quick and easy!

 

Huat Ah!

Signature transparent

Tags:
,
Sign up for my free cleanse cheat sheet to find out how & to get more updates from me!