16 Oct :: Homemade Granola ::
My bestie (her homemade granola gift) and leftover oats that I mentioned here inspired me so much to make today’s recipe.
Besides the gooey texture oats that we’re so familiar eating during breakfast, we can transform them to…
First attempt and I’m very impressed with the outcome.
It’s actually SURPRISINGLY easy to make and I even made a small batch in the office pantry with the toaster!
Definitely convinced to DIY again and avoid buying store bought kind that’s either too sweet for my liking or they don’t put enough nuts and seeds that I like.
(At the time of writing, I’ve repeated this recipe 3 times!)
Use it as a topping for yoghurt or as an afternoon snack, you’ll love this!
- 5 tbsp rolled/quick oats
- 1 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 2-3 walnuts, crumbled
- 1 tbsp of chia seeds
- 1tbsp flax seeds
- 1 tbsp raisins
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp water
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Combine all ingredients (except raisins) in a bowl and mix well.
- Place mixture on an aluminium foil and place it in the flat toaster.
- Stirring every 3 minutes so all sides are evenly brown.
- Remove granola from toaster and let it cool. This is the part where it will harden.
- Add in raisins.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
What’s your favourite toppings in your granola mix?