06 Feb Blueberry Cashew Marble
Luscious blue tiny spheres.
Yellow crescent shape.
Today we are marrying – Blueberries & Cashews!
Yummy yum yum.
Blueberries are packed with loads of antioxidant plant compound like anthocyanins , quercetin, myricetin which help to protect your body against ageing and cancer.
Adding cashews to smoothies give you a lovely dose of healthy fats, which promote heart health.
Oh, of course it comes together with protein and fiber.
The thing about nuts, based on experience rather than evidence-based, I prefer
Soaking them before eating.
For me it does two important things:
1. To remove anti-nutrients such as phytic acid, which can block mineral absorption in the body like zinc, calcium and magnesium.
2. For better digestion
This creamy smoothie is luxurious on your tastebuds, filling you up in the morning that you don’t feel like eating your toast bread.
It’s that rich, give it a go!
- ½ cup raw cashews, soaked overnight
- ¼ cup water
- 1 banana, peeled & frozen
- 1 punnet blueberries
- ¼ avocado
- Place blueberries and avocado in a high speed blender. Blend till smooth and pour mixture into the serving glass, filling about a quarter.
- Place cashews, banana and water in a high speed blender. Blend till smooth and pour the mixture on top of the first.
- To create marble swirls, drag straws and stir in the direction of upward movement.